About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, Business Partner, Teacher, Student

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A+ = Help People.....

...reach their full potential. Catch them doing something right    ~ K. Blanchard Ph.D., S. Johnson M.D.

Okay, so when was the last time you received positive reinforcement from your boss or manager? Was it at your annual review? Was it last week or did he/she say, "Great job" right on the spot, or perhaps it was after you took a step that lead you in the direction of your personal business goal?

"Catch them doing something right" - This is a very simple technique, and one that I believe works because it continually develops a person's mind set and encourages one to reach their short and long term goals. Think of how you encourage a toddler to start stepping and learning to walk.  Same strategy but different age group ;-) The technique helps to support a person with self-motivation plus it inspires them to work towards a job that is truly fulfilling and results in a rewarding experience. Who doesn't want that? I sure do and love being a part of it every day!

It's wonderful to go to work, (I work from home), and participate in celebrating every day the wonderful work that so many of us "work at home ceos" have accomplished towards reaching our personal and financial goals throughout the day, week and month at a time!!  Not just a once a year review. What job do you know does that? Plus, your not only helping yourself, but your helping others along the way to reach and make their goals turn into a reality too!!!   To be surrounded by a support team that genuinely  wants to see you reach your personal goals is certainly not as common as it should be in the work place....and if you're lucky enough to be a part of that already then congratulations to you because that is a wonderful place to be!

I wish you lots of success and if you're reading this and feel this is a bunch of fluff, then I invite you to join me for a free webcast and see if this company is a good fit for you and how I can help you achieve your goals. As so many would agree, this is a job that can be supplementing your current income and requires you to try it at no risk - it's about you!

To your health and success!!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

It's wonderful to be recognized for doing something well. It doesn't happen often enough in the work force. I love I get to be home and make my own celebrations working with such a supportive team.

momof2 said...

It is so important to recognize and appreciate others. Not only in the work force, but at home too. Great advice Susanna!

Kelly said...

Catching them being good works with kids as well! Great post! I am your newest follower from getting to 400.

Denise said...

Great blog. I'm a new follower. I have 2 kids and I'm a medical transcriptionist from home and homeschool them. Come by and visit me. http://www.beforeandafter50.blogspot.com