Tuesday, November 8, 2011
World Kindness Day is November 13 ~ Kindness Can Change The World
When was the last time a stranger gave you a smile? How did that make you feel? There is a very special feeling one has when receiving a genuine act of kindness and the flip side too, offering an act of kindness is So rewarding because it is a heart felt act of communication. Since kindness is a universal sign, it can be practiced anywhere in the world, at anytime and has a powerful ripple effect that duplicates too!
See what happens next time you smile at a stranger --- do they smile back? Maybe they'll smile at the next person they see and so on.....
Kindness doesn't need to be "top of mind" because the holidays may soon be approaching; It is a practice to perform at least once a day and be a part of who we are as teachers, professionals, family members and individuals. What act of kindness did you do yesterday and what act of kindness will you do today?
Here are some alternative acts of kindness that I wanted to share with you. I hope you will add to the list so we can learn from your experiences too. Let's pass it forward together....
1) Hold the door for the two persons behind you.
2) Listen to someone who needs to talk. Just listen to them.
3) Put change in a parking meter or a vending machine.
4) Buy a meal for a homeless person.
5) When shopping, let someone go ahead of you in the checkout line.
6) Rake someone's yard.
7) Read to a child.
8) Make a wish come true.
9) Compliment the neighborhood garbage man.
10) Stop by and help someone who has a broken car.
Please share your favorite act(s) of kindness and....
"Be kind to unkind people, They need it the most". - Ashliiegh Brilliant
To Your Health and Success!
Posted by Susanna Carbajal