- Roll up your area rugs and walk around the house barefoot, like your on a beach house vacation.
- Hold your loved one’s hand. Brain scans show the contact provides immediate relief from stress.
- Relaxing pose - Quickie yoga, Standing, bend and place palms on your thighs. With chin parallel to the floor, breathe in and arch your chest forward; breathe out and arch it up like a cat.
- Look Up and stare at the blue sky (a calming color) and watch the clouds float by.
- Touch an object that has meaning to you—your grandmother’s ring, a shell you found on the beach as a child, a cherished stuffed animal—and let pleasant memories seep in.
- Drink a glass of cold water, then go for a walk outside. The water gets your blood moving and the air invigorates by stimulating the endorphins that distress you.
- Starting on the bone directly behind your earlobe, apply gentle pressure with your thumb and forefinger and follow to the top of your ear, two or three times. Then rub briskly.
A Minute for You
7 Simple tricks to help you chill out during your day-to-day....